Dating With A Capital C

letterc

“Hey, baby, want to go out ?”

“Maybe we can meet for lunch.  You have to eat, right?”

“How about a movie? I hear this one is really good.”

“Dinner………….then maybe, *wink*wink*.”

“This play has had great reviews, would you like to see it?”

“Can I call you sometime?”

(Yes, even someone as old as me gets asked out………)
And in the course of the conversations, my being a cancer survivor comes up.

Suddenly my dance card is empty…………and my phone is silent……..

Cancer has a way of doing that.

1. 14 Responses to “Dating With A Capital C”

2. By Typ0 on Jun 3, 2009 | Reply

He ditched you?! What an ass! You’re too good for him and he sucks!!

3. By futureblackmail on Jun 3, 2009 | Reply

Ok – I don’t know the backstory here but from the previous comment I would venture on him being an ass and doesn’t know what he’s missing. I don’t know you IRL but know you are awesome.

And seriously, “hey, baby, want to go out?” – that line needed some work anyway!

4. By foradifferentkindofgirl.blogspot.com on Jun 3, 2009 | Reply

Anyone who missed out on the word ’survivor’ and all the greatness that carries with it isn’t worth the precious time your life is filled with!

5. By Ree on Jun 3, 2009 | Reply

WTF? Need me to kick some butt?

6. By Hyphen Mama on Jun 3, 2009 | Reply

So let me get this straight: men over 40 are the same as men at 20? GREAT! I’m doomed.

7. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2009 | Reply

You are definitely TOO good for him, then!!

What a dork—does he think its “catching?” Duh…

8. By fiona on Jun 4, 2009 | Reply

lol at Hyphen Mama! Ya know… unless your planning on having babies with em’ men are useless.

9. By kokolotus on Jun 5, 2009 | Reply

Look on the bright side, at least it’s a way to screen out most of the jerks from the beginning. Keep your chin up and keep believing that you deserve someone spectacular — I have no doubt you will find that amazing someone who appreciates you for the feisty survivor that you are!

10. By Becky on Jun 6, 2009 | Reply

Blech. Cancer seems to work the same way as the other ‘C’ word: Child.

11. By blunt delivery on Jun 7, 2009 | Reply

well that is just ridiculous. i mean, what does that have to do with anything? i guess that’s God’s way of telling you that they wouldn’t be someone who’d stick by you when times get tough. shooooot. you don’t need them.

12. By JAM (Just A Mom) on Jun 8, 2009 | Reply

Zelzee~ when you find guys like that, count yourself lucky that they stepped away. You don’t need someone in your life like that even if you hadn’t had cancer. There ARE kind, good, loving men out there. But they ARE HARD TO FIND! Keep looking, you only deserve the best!

13. By The Stiletto Mom on Jun 8, 2009 | Reply

Their loss…they don’t know what they are missing. Somewhere out there, a strong man awaits. One that will be excited to meet someone who is tough enough to beat cancer and come out of the other side with a smile on her face!

14. By Half-Past Kissin' Time on Jun 12, 2009 | Reply

Count your blessings; only an idiot would be like that. Loved these comments, BTW-cracked me up and/or touched me. :)

15. By Yaya on Jun 20, 2009 | Reply