Walk Like a (Wo)Man

shovel

I am sore.  So very, very sore.  Yard work (spreading 3 yards of bark) got the best of me……….again!

Going back to work after the long holiday weekend of self imposed body beating, was very painful.  I could barely walk.  My back hurt………my thighs hurt to the point I was walking like a zombie.

Zelzee: “There is not one part of my body that doesn’t hurt, and I didn’t even have any ‘fun’ to get this way.”

Co workers:  “Ha! Ha!”

Zelzee:  “At my age there are only two reasons you would be walking this way.  Spreading bark or Epilady.”

Co workers: “Ha! Ha!”

Zelzee: “Now if I were 25 years old……there could be three reasons why I would be walking this way.”

Co workers: “Ha! Ha!”

Zelzee:  “Only  a masochist would use an Epilady…….trust me I know.”

Co workers: Ha! Ha!”

You think it’s funny?
Guess what I’m getting you all for Christmas ………………

1. 12 Responses to “Walk Like a (Wo)Man”

2. By Futureblackmail on Jun 1, 2009 | Reply

I am sore too!!! From playing corn-hole.

Yeah, there’s my reason for being sore.

Besides…you wouldn’t want to break the bed that took you 3 tries to get right!?!

3. By Hyphen Mama on Jun 1, 2009 | Reply

hahaha! I thought they’d outlawed Epilady products, but a quick google proved me wrong. I remember the first girl in high school who “got one!!” and we were all jealous, until she came to school looking like a chicken who’d been painstakingly plucked. Nobody else ran out to buy one.

I hope your garden looks wonderful!

4. By Violet on Jun 1, 2009 | Reply

LMAO!! I was just talking about the Epilady this weekend! It was my most desired Christmas gift one year…I sat right down and used it on my calf. Tears sprang immediately to my eyes, so I said that I’d use it later. And never picked it up again!

5. By JAM (Just A Mom) on Jun 1, 2009 | Reply

At our age, hurting bodies is always because of something not fun! Let’s see… mine this weekend was cleaning out our storage. Picking up and moving boxes all day Sunday! Yeesh! What’s happened to us?

6. By Ree on Jun 1, 2009 | Reply

I was just trying to tell the stepdaughter about Epiladys the other day. Youch, those things were the devil.

7. By Jenn @ Juggling Life on Jun 1, 2009 | Reply

This is so much funnier because I have very recently been spreading bark!

8. By Shawn on Jun 1, 2009 | Reply

Youch! I actually had an epi-lady at one time in my life—but they were brutal back then—-like—-rrriiiiii-pppp, then you just did a silent scream for about two minutes!

Sorry you are so sore—-sounds like how I feel after my Bowflex workouts—twice a week—I know, I am a masochist!

Also, thanks for voting for me—you rock, my dear!

9. By Jen on Jun 2, 2009 | Reply

This is why I have the husband do such things as spreading mulch. Short of that I would hire a gardener, preferably young and cute. And short of that, I think I would let the weeds grow.

10. By Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life on Jun 3, 2009 | Reply

It’s no laughing matter.

11. By kokolotus on Jun 5, 2009 | Reply

You poor thing! I think you need call your Earth Child over there to give you a hand with your strenuous gardening… she likes to dig in the dirt and stuff like that, right?

12. By Half-Past Kissin' Time on Jun 12, 2009 | Reply

I know the feeling; I started exercising this week, and just sitting down and getting up again is torture! Guess that’s a good thing, right? It means we’re still alive, haha.

13. By Yaya on Jun 20, 2009 | Reply