April Fools Day or Where Did She Come From

april-fool

April Fools Day.

It falls on the same day every single year…………….nope, never changes………ALWAYS was and always will be April 1…..

Okay, it has already passed this year, but there is a certain member of my family that usually causes some drama on this day…………….

And yet, every year my family completely forgets about this day.

At least everyone but my sister.

Sister Wise One truly believes April 1st was invented specifically for her.  She is the Queen of practical jokes!

For instance, one April Fools Day I came home from work and of course being a creature of habit, I immediately went to the sink for a glass of water.

When I turned the faucet on, the sprayer blasted me with water in the face and down the front of my new silk blouse.

Yes, the sprayer nozzle was taped down.

My children sang like birds….

They couldn’t rat her out fast enough…. “Aunt Wise One made us do it!!!!”

Or , poor Wise One’s husband……………….

There was an April Fools Day that………………

She thought it would be funny to color his hair red while he slept.

So………………..the setting was perfect.

“Wise One, I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair, will it hurt it?”

“No, dear”………she ran to the phone calling me in hysterics……. this was perfect ,because he would think the conditioner turned his hair color during the night.

Poor Wise One’s hubby……………………….

He unknowingly fell asleep.

Well, Wise One could only find spray temporary hair color .  She started spraying, and the sound kept waking him up.

She would act all nonchalant, and he would fall back asleep thinking he was dreaming.

Finally, she had to quit, but she at least got one side of his hair sprayed red.

Morning scene:

Screaming coming from the bathroom.

“Oh my God!! Help!!  My head is bleeding!!!  There’s blood everywhere!!!”

She still can’t tell this story without laughing so hard she’s ready to pee her pants.

I have learned on April Fools Day…..

Do not answer my phone.

Do not answer my door.

Check behind every corner, table or bed.

This woman is sick………………………

1. 11 Responses to “April Fools Day or Where Did She Come From”

2. By Emily on Apr 3, 2009 | Reply

I am not much of a prankster, but I have to admit the dye job was brilliant.

3. By Phat Mama on Apr 3, 2009 | Reply

I wish I were that clever! I never get anybody good on April Fools. That is my mission for next year – thanks for the ideas!

4. By Hyphen Mama on Apr 3, 2009 | Reply

HAHAHAHA… the red dye is the BEST. That is genius!!

5. By kokolotus on Apr 3, 2009 | Reply

ha, i bet that was hilarious to see such a reaction to that clever hair color stunt! she should have got the whole thing on videotape and sent it to that funniest home videos show :)

6. By KathyB! on Apr 4, 2009 | Reply

Your sister is not only wise, but brilliant!! Please have her call me so that we may begin conspiring for next year…

7. By Fiona Bryan on Apr 5, 2009 | Reply

Did she get you this year? I’m not very creative with the gags. I told everyone I was moving to Japan this year. Some people were so excited for me and the one person who know I’d never leave Denver and would rather starve than eat fish ruined the whole thing!

8. By Mrs4444 on Apr 5, 2009 | Reply

Oooh. Good one! I’ll have to file that one for next year.

9. By Shawn on Apr 5, 2009 | Reply

Hey there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog…

Funny fools day stuff—have to admit!

10. By spaccio woolrich on Nov 28, 2013 | Reply

I agree that wear what you want.

11. By Elif on Apr 19, 2014 | Reply

My spouse and i have been now ecstatic Edward could complete his researching through your precious recommendations he got from your very own weblog. It’s not at all simplistic to simply be giving freely secrets the others might have been trying to sell. And we all know we have the blog owner to thank for that. All of the explanations you made, the simple web site menu, the relationships you can give support to promote it’s mostly astounding, and it’s really letting our son in addition to our family consider that that theme is enjoyable, and that’s very vital. Thank you for the whole lot!

12. By Tkm on Mar 5, 2015 | Reply

I’m commenting to let you know what a hlfupel encounter my friend’s child gained visiting yuor web blog. She came to find some issues, with the inclusion of what it is like to possess a very effective giving mindset to get many more very easily gain knowledge of selected complex things. You truly exceeded our desires. Many thanks for churning out such precious, trustworthy, informative and even unique guidance on that topic to Ethel.